Status of 0.7 development
From the FreeNAS development team blog:
Right at the moment we had some problems with systems running >= 2GB RAM. It is not possible to boot FreeNAS on this systems. To solve the problem the current workaround is to reduce RAM to 1GB. I will keep an eye on this problem.
ZFS integration has been done in 0.7, so it is possible to create pools and datasets via WebGUI. The integration of ZFS is not really seamless because of the new workflow ZFS uses, e.g. it is not necessary to mount the disks manually as it has to be done when using 'normal' disks/filesystems.
Till 0.69/0.7 revision 3468 the following changes has been done:
- Included access restrictions WebGUI for mount points, so it is possible to define access rights for each mount point.
- Removed ACPI in kernel, using kernel module instead. Hopefully this will fix misc problems on some systems that do not like ACPI.
- LiveCD creation scripts has been improved, maybe this will also fix some boot problems on misc systems.
- VLAN and LAGG support has been included
- WLAN WEP/WPA should work now