FreeNAS 0.69RC2 released
FreeNAS 0.69RC1, code name Kralizec has been released. It can be downloaded from here.
This will be hopefully the last release candidate before the stable release can be published.
- Upgrade to FreeBSD 6.4-RELEASE.
- Add system firewall. Please note this is only for the local system and not for the network (this will also never be implemented, use pfSense or m0n0wall instead).
- Upgrade transmission to 1.40.
- Introduce new WebGUI look (fixes some MSIE rendering bugs also).
- Add UPS service WebGUI option to define shutdown mode.
- Add option 'Use sendfile' to 'Services|CIFS/SMB|Settings'. Some users report problems with this option (which is enabled by default), so now it is really easy to disable it.
- Check if configured port is already used (e.g. UPnP, Bittorrent, DAAP, …).
- Fix web server security hole (file .htpasswd was downloadable) (BR 2255936).
- Re-enable fuppes transcoding support (BR 2276571).
- Remove garbage at end of downloaded log files (BR 2309257).
- It is not possible to format a SoftRAID disk with MSDOS FAT16/32.
- It is not possible to encrypt a disk partition, only complete disks
- It is not possible to get seperate CPU stats per processor on SMP machines because FreeBSD does not support that feature.
- Enable 'polling' on interfaces used by a LAGG interface will make it inoperable.
- If DHCP for IPv4 is used, the IPv6 statically configured DNS server will be overriden by the IPv4 DNS server.