iXsystems Release FreeNAS 8.0-RC3
iXsystems, the new custodian and developer of FreeNAS, has released RC3 of the FreeNAS 8.0 series and it is clear that it has been hard at work!!!
The highlights of this release include:
- A volume importer
- Better AFP and CIFS configuration
- Reworked and improved iSCSI support.
- Support for 6gbps 3Ware RAID controllers (and the command line utility tw_cli for managing them)
- HTTPS access for the GUI
Notable bug fixes include:
- A bug that prevented AFP from properly sharing ZFS Datasets has been fixed.
- The firmware upgrade via GUI process is more streamlined and bugs in it have been fixed.
- iSCSI support has been thoroughly tested and improved.
- Split anonymous/authenticated access to CIFS shares is now supported.
Note: Upgrades from freenas 0.7x are unsupported. The FreeNAS 8.0 series has no way to import configuration settings from 0.7 versions of FreeNAS.