8.0.1 RC2 Released – 64 Bit Only at the Moment
The second release candiate for FreeNAS 8.0.1 has been released that includes an updated version of Django which addresses several security vulnerabilities recently found.
- iSCSI target works with VMWare ESXi 5.0
- New email backend that provides interop with a range of mail servers (including gmail)
- Improvements in selecting iSCSI file extents
- Update to django 1.3.1 to address security issues in django
- Fix a bug that was preventing ldap over tls from working.
- Some machines panic with the usb 3.0 driver, move this from the kernel to a
- module so it can be disabled.
- Support mixed tagged and untagged vlan traffic on a physical interface.
- Added a “save debug” button which will save a tech dump of the freenas box.
- If the webgui is bound to an address the system no longer has listen on 0.0.0.0
The 64 bit version can be downloaded from here:
There is now news yet on the 32 bit version or if this release will make it into the 8.0.1 repository on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-8.0.1/.