FreeNAS 8.0.2 has been released to fix that email subsystem which got broken for 8.0.1. It resulted in the system not being able to send mail, as well as breaking the alert system in the GUI.
Other changes since 8.0.1
- Allow decimal numbers for a dataset quota.
- Fix setting recursive ACLs.
- Start proftpd after ix-ssl to use the correct SSL cert.
- Use wildcards in cron and rsync jobs instead of listing all values.r8211)
- Fix case in iSCSI targets to match the behavior specified by RFC 3722.
FreeNAS 8.0.2 can be downloaded from here and the full release notes from here.
FreeNAS 8.0.1 has been released and is now available to download from https://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas/files/FreeNAS-8.0.1/.
8.0.1 is an important update for all FreeNAS 8.0 users and contains the following fixes and improvements:
- Django has been updated to 1.3.1 to address multiple security advisories.
- The base system has been updated to FreeBSD 8.2-p3, which addresses http://security.freebsd.org/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-11:05.unix.asc & http://security.freebsd.org/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-11:04.compress.asc
- A New button to zpools that will display zpool status in a tab.
- Divorced the volume members in the database from the FreeBSD devices.
This resolves an issue where FreeBSD can change devices names and the
GUI doesn’t pick up the updates due to the devices names being hard-wired
in the database.
- Support exporting ZFS zvols (virtual devices) as device extents via iSCSI.
8.0 was only able to export physical device nodes or file based extents.
- The GUI now has an event notification system.
- Added UPS functionality.
- Added rsync client and server functionality.
- Added the ability to schedule cron jobs in the GUI.
- Vastly improved and reworked snapshot replication.
- SCSI target works with VMWare ESXi 5.0
- New email backend that provides interop with a range of mail servers (including gmail)
- Improvements in selecting iSCSI file extents
- Update to django 1.3.1 to address security issues in django
- Fix a bug that was preventing ldap over tls from working.
- Some machines panic with the usb 3.0 driver, move this from the kernel to a
- module so it can be disabled.
- Support mixed tagged and untagged vlan traffic on a physical interface.
- Added a “save debug” button which will save a tech dump of the freenas box.
- If the webgui is bound to an address the system no longer has listen on 0.0.0.0